Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Did you know you can have multiple images on a post?
Simply keep adding images until you are done. You may also "insert" an image into the post rather than just attaching it!

TOPIC: James River Cruise

James River Cruise 2 years 6 months ago #23455

• AlandSandy
  • ( User )
  • Dang Crazy Boater
  • Thank you received: 17
April 28, 2012, At the Osborne Turnpike Landing,Richmond VA. This will be a day cruise on the James.

IMG_0002591x800.jpg

There is plenty to view from the river. North and just off the map is Drewry's Bluff Where the Confederate Marines and Sailors held the Union Navy in check for the entire war. Looking down on the James from Drewry's Bluff.

IMG_1383_2012-03-05.JPG

Above that is the site of the Confederate Naval Yard. Nothing there to see at this time. Below Osborne landing on the southside of the river is the "Citie of Henricus" the 2nd English settlement in the Colony. On the 28th, Henricus will have a English Military demonstration to commerate the Victory of the Red coats over the Virginia Colony Navy. I hope we can see the event from the water. "Deep Bottom" where the Union Army built a pontoon bridge across the James. This bridge was the lifeline for Forts Harrison and Brady from Gen'l Grants City Point Supply depot. During the seige of Richmond. The pontoon bridge is long gone but the shore line is much the same as it was in 1865. except for the addition of a pair of boat ramps. So come out and "MAKE MY DAY" !

IMG_1389_2012-03-05.JPG
Al and Sandy Wilson
Marque Club Representative ACBS
Glasspar g3 Owners Club
www.g3owners.com
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: James River Cruise 2 years 6 months ago #23457

• John_P
  • ( User )
  • Dang Crazy Boater
  • Thank you received: 39
Hey Al,....looks like a nice event you have planned. ;) Sharon and I will try and make this event. I will also give Mike and Linda a call.

Re: James River Cruise 2 years 6 months ago #23463

• glassparman
  • ( Global Moderator )
  • Forum Moderator
  • Thank you received: 8
Aint it still a little cold up there for this trip? :whistle:

Wish I could be at all events.

Re: James River Cruise 2 years 6 months ago #23465

• AlandSandy
  • ( User )
  • Dang Crazy Boater
  • Thank you received: 17
Thanks John we hope to see you and Sharon there.

Hi Mike, We will be in the low 70's about then. Grab a couple of plane tickets and you and Nancy join us. It will be cool but still good boating weather. The White perch will be running in that time frame and the river sees a lot of boaters fishing. The Blue Catfish season starts about then too. This is the cruise I wanted to do in 2009 when the heart acted up. This should be fun, I have already heard from one g-3 owner who I have been wanting to meet for several years now. I just hope to get enough Sedans out to assist with those who haven't finished their boats yet. We are talking about 2 more runs this year both possibly in North Carolina. Also maybe Smith Mountain Lake as well.

Al
Al and Sandy Wilson
Marque Club Representative ACBS
Glasspar g3 Owners Club
www.g3owners.com

Re: James River Cruise 2 years 6 months ago #23472

• glassparman
  • ( Global Moderator )
  • Forum Moderator
  • Thank you received: 8
Al, something just might work out :woohoo:

My mother is dealing with Multiple Myloma and I am planning a trip to visit her this spring or early summer. My neice is also getting married so I plan on attending that as well. Both of those will be in North Carolina! My Mom lives outside of Statesville at Lake Norman.

Michael

Re: James River Cruise 2 years 6 months ago #23475

• John_P
  • ( User )
  • Dang Crazy Boater
  • Thank you received: 39
glassparman wrote:
Al, something just might work out :woohoo:

My mother is dealing with Multiple Myloma and I am planning a trip to visit her this spring or early summer. My neice is also getting married so I plan on attending that as well. Both of those will be in North Carolina! My Mom lives outside of Statesville at Lake Norman.

Michael

Michael:

It would be great if you could make it out for Al's event Sir! Sorry to hear about your Mom's medical problems. :(

For what it is worth, my Wife and I live in eastern N.C. between Wilmington and Jacksonville. If you get out this way please let us know. Maybe we can get together for dinner. It would be great to meet you Michael.

John_P
Moderators: gwbell, gus.dando
Time to create page: 0.431 seconds

Copyright(C) 2011 Glasspar Owners Association