Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Did you know you can have multiple images on a post?
Simply keep adding images until you are done. You may also "insert" an image into the post rather than just attaching it!
  • Page:

TOPIC: wiring diagrams for a 67 commodore charger?

wiring diagrams for a 67 commodore charger? 4 years 7 months ago #12787

I bought a 67 commodore charger with a GM 327 mated to an OMC 800 (or at least I think it is an 800). I am in the process of restoring the boat (rough shape, needs new everything). I would like to know where can I get access to some wiring diagrams for my "precious"?

PS the engine is coming out tomorrow, I will post some pictures of this project!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:wiring diagrams for a 67 commodore charger? 4 years 7 months ago #12788

• RodB
  • ( User )
  • Dang Crazy Boater
  • Thank you received: 16
Since the power components were designed by those companies (OMC, Volvo-Penta, Mercruiser and so on) and sold to boat builders using I/O's and then installed by the builders I'd say your best bet for finding a wiring diagram is to look for someone local who was selling and servicing OMC at that time and is still in business. OMC was bought by Bombardier Recreational Products several years ago and that could be another possible source...although their online parts catalogs for outboards only go back to 1968 or so. Possible that there are aftermarket manuals out there that cover I/O repairs like there are for outboards? Just guessing since I've never owned a boat with an I/O so haven't had to do any digging myself. I don't think it likely that you'll be able to find much technical information from that era by looking for it based on the builder of the boat, though. Looking forward to seeing pictures and descriptions of your project.

Re:wiring diagrams for a 67 commodore charger? 4 years 7 months ago #12789

• Patrick
  • ( Visitor )
Thanks for the insight. I will get some pictures by the end of the day. By the way has anyone had any experience with the Clymer Mercruiser Repair manuals for 1964-1985 stern drive? Are they decent enough for a full on restoration or do they only give you enough info for an oil change?
  • Page:
Moderators: gwbell, gus.dando
Time to create page: 0.578 seconds

Copyright(C) 2011 Glasspar Owners Association